Welcome to Longdon Parish
Longdon is situated in the heart of England within the district of Lichfield and on the A51 approximately midway between Lichfield and Rugeley. Longdon Green is on the west side of the A51, Longdon (Brook End) on the east, Upper Longdon also on the west similarly Gentleshaw. (See map)
Surrounded by lush farmland, and bordering on the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty of the Forest of Mercia (Cannock Chase).
Several splendid villages located both sides of the A51 between Lichfield and Rugeley make up the Parish of Longdon, having a population of 1300, and covering an area of some 4500 acres, including a number of small hamlets. One of the largest is Beaudesert on the eastern side of Cannock Chase, which was the residence of the Marquis of Anglesey, the lord of the manor, and owner of the surrounding land.
The Bishops of Lichfield held the manor of Longdon up to 1546, when it was surrendered to Henry VIII, and in the same year, his Majesty granted ownership to Sir William Paget, an ancestor of the Marquis of Anglesey.Welcome » Home
All Parish Council meetings are open to the public.