Churches in Longdon Parish
Christ Church, Gentleshaw
Our local Church, built in the early 19th century, has been described by some as "a jigsaw puzzle of brick and roof that looks as if something else has landed on top of it", although this description belies the exquisite architecture, peace and tranquillity to be found within.
However, had the Marquis of Anglesey not been financially embarrassed some 165 years ago whilst extending the church, with the intention of creating a small 600 seat Cathedral, the character of Gentleshaw would inevitably be very different to the village we know today.
Priest in Charge: The Reverend Lynn McKeon, Vicarage, Buds Road - Telephone: 01543 670739
See the church web pages for additional details.
St James The Great, Longdon
- 8.00am Holy Communion on 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month
- 11.00am Parish Eucharist every week
- If there is a 5th Sunday in the month, there will be a joint service with Christ Church (Lichfield), held alternately at Christ Church and Longdon
Weekday services :
- 9.00am Morning Prayer Monday to Friday
- 10.00am Holy Communion on Wednesdays
Other regular events in Church :
- JAM Club for Parents, Babies and Toddlers at 2.00pm on Mondays during term time for an hour (Contact: Pam 01543 490194)
- 10.45am A Chance to Chat - Janet, our priest, will be available for an hour on Wednesdays
Other Special Services Marriages, Baptism, Funerals and Private Interviews: By appointment
Priest in Charge: The Reverend Janet Waterfield, St James the Great Church, Longdon, Rugeley, WS15 4PS
Telephone: 07905 539111
For additional information, visit the St James own web pages.
Other local churches
There are several churches and places of worship in the local area serving the needs of other denominations and these include:
- Methodist Church, Burntwood
- St. Joseph's Church, Burntwood (RC)
- Pentecostal Church, Cannock
- St. Mary's Church, Cannock (RC)
- St. Stephen's Church, Cannock (Methodist)
- St. John's Community Church, Chase Terrace
- Our Lady of Lourdes, Hednesford (RC)
- Salvation Army, Hednesford
- Wade Street Church, Lichfield (United Reform and Baptist)
- Rugeley Community Church (Newfrontiers)
Also the magnificent Lichfield Cathedral is near-by.